A lot of reptile owners must transport their pet. Transporting turtles is not an easy job for everyone. It is important to select an appropriate tank and create the proper conditions. If you are traveling for a short period it is possible to get by with a plastic box or cardboard box. If you are planning to travel with your pet over a long distance, you can use an empty plastic container or a cardboard box. You can also turn to the services of movers at the link: https://zeromaxmoving.com/services/cross-country-movers-nyc/
Transporting a turtle in the summer
Tortoises, whether terrestrial, or semi-aquatic can be transported in cardboard boxes or plastic containers in the summer months. Make sure you follow the regulations for transport.
- If the turtle is able to escape, make sure that the box or container is tightly sealed.
- The container should be ventilated. The holes should be located on the sides of the container or the lid.
- Regularly check the temperature of the environment in which the turtle lives. It is possible to ensure that there isn’t any flips and wash up the trash from your pet.
- Make sure the carrier is kept clear of drafts and direct sunlight to avoid overcooling or overheating the reptile.
- The turtle should not be uncomfortable or uncomfortable in the car.
- Layer a mattress in the middle of the. It is possible to make use of napkins, paper towels and sawdust, wood chips, meadow hay, peat dust, or towels.
- You can place a cloth that has been submerged in water within the container if the temperature of the atmosphere is greater than 28 ° Celsius.
Trionyx is an aquatic turtle, is best transported in a plastic container or aquarium. You can wrap your pet in towels and put it in an airtight bag.
How do you transport a turtle through winter?
If temperatures fall below +15 degrees Celsius, the pet must be warmed up. Because turtles are cold-blooded, they need to be warmed up by the sun’s heat. There are two ways to do this:
- Heating pad. The turtle is put inside a tightly sealed container the bed, with the heating pad right next to it. You can prevent the turtle from getting too hot by placing some blankets between the heating pad & the turtle.
- Human warmth. Cover the turtle with thick fabric and place it inside an outer pouch.
Turtles can go several days without food. Therefore, you can not feed your turtle for 24 hours prior to the departure. The turtle could be without water for two days.
Many people wonder if turtles can be transported in a car without any negative effects for the pet. It’s possible, but it is important to ensure adequate ventilation and prevent drafts and excessive heat for the reptile.